Storj is an open-source and transparent platform that delivers highly distributed, ridiculously resilient cloud storage by leveraging a global decentralized network of storage nodes. Our vision is to be the world’s largest and most secure, resilient, performant, and economical enterprise cloud storage service – without owning or operating a data center.
Storj partners with leading apps, services, and software tools, providing decentralized cloud storage that’s secure, private, durable, and drop-in compatible.
Our framework provides an optimal implementation of decentralized cloud storage that scales and operates within the limits of any design constraints. Our V3 network is S3 compatible, has a pathway from object storage to CDN, uses Reed Solomon erasure coding instead of replication, and reduces storage costs https://www.storj.io/whitepaper
– Globally distributed edge model with consistent and reliable performance: Innovative alternative to multi-region, yielding all the performance without the cost or complexity (20K+ nodes in 100+ countries).
– Open source and transparent: Storj is easy to use, 25-100% faster, more secure, and at a fraction of the price of traditional cloud storage.
– Fundamental architectural advantage: Zero Trust architecture provides greater security and privacy through zero-knowledge decentralized architecture.
– More sustainable: smarter redundancy (erasure encoding rather than full copies reduces duplication), existing hardware (manufacturing is the most carbon-intensive part of storage), and minimal electricity (little to no additional electricity, cooling to run drives at 80% capacity vs. 20%).
– Reduced complexity: “Hot” region-free storage at “cold” storage pricing fulfills the cloud simplicity promise.
– High Throughput: Horizontal scaling & high parallelism for high-speed data transfers or CDN-like delivery.