Sony is an entertainment and technology company that has been producing motion pictures, music, electronics, gaming and video entertainment for decades. Our Electronics Division has long been an industry leader in designing and manufacturing solutions for professional applications including film and video production, sports broadcast, live production as well as broadcast news and entertainment.
- Sony’s Media Backbone Hive offers an end-to-end hardware and software solution for content creation that encompasses acquisition, content management, storage, editing, playout, distribution and archive. Built on the latest data center technologies, Hive is equally effective as an on-premise solution, a multi-facility hub & spoke solution or a flexible, scalable cloud solution connecting disparate locations. Hive’s key imperative is to create and deliver content quickly and efficiently while encouraging a truly collaborative environment for the entire creation team.
- Sony’s Media Backbone NavigatorX (NVX) is a content and workflow management software solution designed for fast deployment, flexibility and scalability. NVX is designed for simplicity and efficiency and is built on an open source platform, leveraging the power of web technologies while keeping costs low. NVX is open to third party integration, is user platform independent and file agnostic, providing the tools to streamline today’s busy and ever-changing production environments.NVX Overview Webinar
Content Management & Workflow Orchestration
Case Study: Why Wells Fargo Uses Sony’s NavigatorX
Case Study: Full Sail University Stores, Catalogs and Manages Assets Using Sony’s NavigatorX
- XDCAM air is a monthly cloud subscription service connecting journalists with content well before the ENG crews arrive back from location. Utilizing Sony’s proven XDCAM technologies and the power of the cloud, XDCAM air connects field-based camcorders directly with the newsroom, while simultaneously introducing an array of workflow advantages aimed at getting news to air faster and more efficiently.ENG Cloud-based Workflow
Adobe Integrations Overview
- Sony’s Media Backbone Hive offers tight panel integration with both Premiere and After Effects as well as edit-while-ingest and remote rendering directly within the Adobe editing environment. Adobe After Effects templates are supported in Hive’s HTML5 Quick Web Edit Tool for field editing – providing polish to stories created in the field. Hive can also merge Hive’s content and Premiere editing while managing the editorial session entirely in the cloud – providing unprecedented access to editorial tools.
- NVX offers tight panel integration with both Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Adobe After Effects CC bringing the NVX content browser directly into the Adobe UI. Access all of NVX’s powerful search and browse features during your edit session without changing applications. NVX also supports the creation of storyboards that can be imported into the Premiere Pro timeline with options for content copy or content linking.
- Sony’s XDCAM air service offers tight panel integration with Adobe Premiere Pro by inserting XDCAM air’s cloud-based Content Browser into the Adobe UI. Browse and select XDCAM air proxies and start editing while the ENG crew is still in the field. This powerful combination of XDCAM air and Premiere Pro accelerates the story creation process and promotes a first-to-air story turn-around.
Media Backbone Hive
- Hive offers a complete end-to-end production environment encompassing workflows from acquisition and creation, through to publishing and archive.
- Web-based applications ensure accessibility to production tools and content even when off-site, facilitating editing, browsing and story publishing from anywhere.
- Hive’s flexible architecture supports on-prem, hub & spoke, full cloud and hybrid cloud configurations ensuring a growth path for years to come.
- Hive accommodates traditional playout but is equally efficient with social media distribution and web posting.
- Hive’s comprehensive APIs welcome integration of external devices –tight Adobe Premiere integration as well as interfaces with News Room Computer Systems and Sony’s own XDCAM air and Optical Disc Archive platforms.
- Hive’s cloud native architecture is poised to support new cloud services such as Adobe cloud editing and AI features such as speech to text (available soon).
- Web-based tools for access from anywhere.
- Scalable from a single user + up.
- Simple user interface with minimal training & fast deployment.
- Tight integration with Sony’s Ci Media Cloud Platform enhances review & approve, distribution and camera proxy workflows.
- Drag & Drop workflow creation engine empowers regular users to design and execute custom workflows.
- XDCAM air connects directly to wireless functions built into Sony cameras – no expensive backpacks required.
- Compact, lightweight camera adaptors are available for inclusion of legacy cameras and other SDI devices.
- XDCAM Pocket app for mobile devices enables breaking news capture before the camera crew arrives.
- NRCS integration enables story planning metadata to be pushed directly to cameras in the field. Captured footage is tagged with metadata for easy search and find.
- Browse XDCAM air content in the cloud, tag with markers, create storyboards & publish to social media.
- Stream from camera(s) to the cloud and from the cloud to multi-points. Stream to Facebook live.
- GPS map view provides geolocation of each camera and XDCAM pocket mobile device.
- Remotely control camera iris, focus and zoom. Browse camera content & pull files directly from the camera.
- Direct Adobe Premiere panel integration with XDCAM air cloud browser.
- Utilize the transmission method best suited to the environment you’re in: wireless, cellular, dual link cellular.
Adobe Products we support:
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Premiere Pro